Want help creating Defensible Space?

Some Humboldt County Fire Safe Council member organizations and agencies have received or are in the process of seeking grant funds to support services for people like you. The more we know about your needs, the easier it will be to connect you to services under existing programs and/or make the case for securing more funding to expand services.

Examples of active programs that you might be eligible for include, the Fire-adapted Landscapes And Safe Homes Program (FLASH) and direct defensible space assistance for priority populations like people who fall into a low income bracket, are over the age of 65, and/or are unable to perform manual labor due to a disability. You could also be connected with local fire safe councils that run volunteer chipper programs or offer fuels reduction crews for hire.

For assistance filling out the form, call (707) 296-1498 or email the FSC Coordinator.

Fill out the Hazardous Vegetation Reduction Interest Form to help us help you.